The church was erected by the foundation of Franciszek Ksawery Ballestrem. The building works according to the design by Berlin architect and construction counsel August Menke were started in 1902. The works were directed by a builder Kramer from Gliwice and supervised by a mine counsel of Bellestrem family Franz Pieler.
The works were accomplished in 1904. The facades of the building have strongly reminiscent to Romanism stylistic features that is biforum type of windows closed with full arch, with widely glyphed jambs, motifs of arcades and arcade frieze, faulting or whitened portals ended with full arch blends on the tops. The decoration is completed by the vertical divisions of the facade made by the lizens worked out in the brick and horizontal ones in form of white stripes.